“My Number” will be sent to your home from OCT [IMPORTANT]

Date 2015/9/29 11:52:56 | Topic: News&Topics

Individual Numbers so called “My Number” are issued under the Social Security and Tax Number System, which is the base for linking and putting together personal information dispersed across multiple agencies under the name of the person it belongs to. The System serves as social infrastructure to improve the efficiency and transparency of the social security and tax systems, bring greater convenience to the public, and create a fair and just society. Foreigners registered as residents in Japan (mid-term residents, special permanent residents, etc.) will also receive their Individual Numbers. You will sequentially be notified of your 12-digit Social Security and Tax Number (also called “My Number”), beginning in October 2015. As for foreign residents who will enter Japan in and after October, 2015 and go through resident registration for the first time, individual numbers will be issued after the moving-in procedure at a municipal office. 
Use of the Social Security and Tax Number for any purposed that is not stipulated by law and providing numbers to others are prohibited.
The Social Security and Tax Number will serve you for your lifetime. Please take proper steps to protect it.

・URL : http://www.cas.go.jp/jp/seisaku/bangoseido/index.html
http://www.cas.go.jp/jp/seisaku/bangoseido/english.html (English)
・Call center 0570-20-0291 (English / Chinese / Korean / Spanish / Portuguese)
From 1 October 2015 through 31 March 2016]
Monday to Friday 9:30 - 20:00 Weekends / holidays 9:30 - 17:30
(Not available during the New Year’s holiday)
*This is not a toll-free number.


The URL for this story is: